Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting things set up.


We are slowly but surely making this apartment our own. This is a picture a few hours after the movers dropped off our "express shipment" almost a week ago. We were able to get it the same day we moved into our apartment. The main floor you see is the living room. Behind the wall (and you can see a little of it in the cut-out) is the kitchen. Therefore I can talk to the living room when doing dishes! (Unfortunately there is no dishwasher.)


Here is a picture from tonight. You can see we have some furniture now. The couch and chair are "loaners" from the government that we can keep for the 3 years we are here! We have another matching chair in the bedroom so that we have a place to sit in there besides the air mattress. We bought the carpets yesterday. The one in front of the couch will likely stay there. The one behind the couch is actually for Brian's room. The kitchen table will go where that area is. I know it isn't much of an update, but I wanted to show SOMETHING of the inside of the apartment. I plan on doing more shopping and decorating this weekend, but it won't feel like "home" until September when the rest of OUR things get here. I am just thankful that for now we at least have a few places to sit.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is much better then the loaner furniture we got here! Our was like the stuff you see in an office waiting area. Narrow wooden arms, and cushions on the back. So there was no being able to lay out on it and use the arm as a rest. Though we did get a bed, it was only a full but I suppose better then the air mattress, marginally (it wasn't the greatest mattress!). I am sure September will be here before you know it! Is it early or later September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you set up to see on my phone now. Good to see things are starting to come together. Hope the transition is relatively pain free. MoM

    ReplyDelete